Brooks Instrument is an industry leader in flow measurement and flow control products for critical applications, and a division of
ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for an Applications Engineering Manager
as part of the Semiconductor Business Unit. This highly visible position will be based out of our Fremont, CA office. In addition to our Fremont, CA office, our facility is headquartered in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). Brooks
also maintains manufacturing locations in, Hungary, France and Japan. The Company has sales offices throughout the world and its products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical
instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
Please visit our website at www.brooksinstrument.com
A Key part of Brooks Semi Business Unit, the Applications Engineering Manager is considered the subject matter expert on semiconductor applications who will manage the team of applications engineers, support sales, marketing, and engineering teams to achieve
business goals, manage product qualifications efforts and successfully deliver solutions to Brooks customers. A key technical resource, he/she will communicate current and future semi customer and applications requirements and influence New Product and Technology
This position requires an experienced technical leader with a winning track record of working with Semi customers and a strong technical contributor who is skilled in translating desired customer requirements into new product ideas. It requires a results-oriented
individual who, at the same time, can work closely with Key Accounts Sales organization to achieve business development goals, provide hands-on support to Key Customers and lead the WW applications engineering efforts. The consummate team player who will effectively
negotiate with others to achieve win-win outcomes, maintain an open flow of communication, state expectations clearly and achieve desired results. The right candidate needs to be able to instill a sense of urgency and help fuel the company's competitive edge
going forward and to serve as a technical catalyst for innovative thinking.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage Worldwide Semi Applications Engineering organization focused on providing customer support and new business development activities for Brooks Strategic accounts
- Work directly with Brooks largest OEM customers, provide required support for Key Accounts in Business Development activities, maintain product awareness and provide required training to sales and customers
- Manage customer new product qualification programs. Be a key player a point of contact for all activities related to design, development and shipment of a Beta products to a customer. Actively manage and support beta evaluation programs of product at customer
sites. Track evaluations from initial installation through each step of testing through to final decision - document and share why we won or lost the opportunity
- Work with Sales, Product Management, Quality, Engineering and Operations to resolve field issues and customer escalations in a timely manner with corrective actions fully completed and approved by customers
- Provide regular reports on applications organization activities and progress. Regularly report on field issues and trends.
- Assist customers with application requirements, translate customers’ needs and requirements into specifications for Brooks’ products and services. Identify opportunities for new products or services
- Assist customers and Sales with specific requirements not covered by the Brooks standard product offering. Provide clear requirements and direction to the Product Management and engineering teams responsible for Customer Back Innovation projects
- Keep current with technological and competitive developments. Identify and understand existing and emerging semiconductor applications for Brooks' products. Identify promising areas of research or technology that address current needs and have larger potential
markets. Communicate changes in customer requirements and technology trends. Provide early, detailed intelligence to Technology Development Group to support Technology and New Product Development programs.
- Support technical promotion of Brooks Semiconductor products. Provide content for sales support and training materials that illustrate Brooks competitive product differentiators and enhance effectiveness of all selling activities. Provide training to customers
and sales organization
- Support Hatfield Technical Support Group and Product Management in the development of high quality product training materials and troubleshooting guides, ensure field apps engineers are trained and maintain a current level of product knowledge and troubleshooting
proficiencies. Develop training and mentoring programs for field application engineers
- Develop white papers to show value in Brooks product solutions for new applications
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Expert knowledge and understanding of semiconductor process equipment and processes.
- Hands-on experience in field applications engineering role, product development, customer program management and support in the semiconductor industry.
- Ideally previous experience with Brooks Semiconductor or direct competitor’s products
- Proven expertise in establishing and nurturing customer relationships. Extensive existing customer relations a plus
- Management experience and strong leadership skills
- Excellence in building / motivating a team and driving projects to completion.
- Must have proven success and demonstrated ability to solve customer problems and create innovative solutions
- Innovation track record and experience working with flow & pressure measurement & control products, including customer applications and hands-on product testing.
- Effective communication/customer interaction/presentation skills.
- Ability to be flexible and deal effectively with change to balance competing business needs.
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical field is required with a minimum 10 years’ experience.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, written, and presentation skills required
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s
the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work,
all over the world.
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.