Brooks Instrument, a global manufacturer of flow and pressure measurement and control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for a Mechanical Designer. This highly
visible position will be based out of our headquarters location at Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). Brooks maintains manufacturing, sales, and service center facilities around the world, and our products are used in laboratory and process applications
in end markets such as: life sciences, petro-chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instrumentation, nuclear, and solar cells.
The Mechanical Designer will be a key member of the Sustaining Engineering group. This position will provide mechanical design expertise for the improvement and maintenance of Brooks Instrument’s legacy product designs. He / she will also assume responsibility
for maintaining legacy product engineering documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate and document design changes to legacy electro-mechanical flow measurement and control instruments using CAD software.
- Improve and maintain legacy product designs with input from senior engineers, and other cross functional departments within the organization. Design changes may be made to molded, welded, etched, stamped, machined, and extruded complaints
- Maintain structured Bills of material (BOM) data in the Brooks Instrument engineering database.
- Complete all documentation needed for Engineering Change Notices.
- Support legacy product designs at local and global manufacturing sites.
- Design manufacturing fixtures with input from manufacturing engineering.
- Support company continuous improvement initiatives, particularly as related to product cost and quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree in mechanical design, a technical school curriculum, or demonstrated experience in the design and documentation of precision electro-mechanical products.
- Minimum 5 years mechanical design experience in a structured engineering environment. Experience in a regulated industry, including defense, aerospace, or medical devices is preferred.
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes used to fabricate machined, stamped, and molded parts and assemblies.
- 3D CAD (Solidworks preferred) part assembly modeling, drawing generation and CAD database experience required. Unigraphics and AutoCAD experience a plus.
- BOM and configuration management experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of ANSI Y14 drawing standards and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook required.
- Experience with semiconductor or electromechanical devices a plus.
- Familiarity with ISO9000/9001 or AS9100 quality standards a plus.
If you have experience in meeting tight deadlines, are both an independent worker and thinker, and are dedicated to continuous improvement of yourself and your organization, then this opportunity is for you. This position offers a unique chance to join a successful
company that is a leader in the flow measurement industry. Thank you for your interest in exploring a career at Brooks Instrument!
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition assistance
The opportunity to join a well-established (70+ years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the
highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all
over the world.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.