Brooks Instrument, a global manufacturer of flow and pressure measurement and control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for a Senior Electrical Engineer . This
highly visible position will be based out of our headquarters location at Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). Brooks maintains manufacturing, sales, and service center facilities around the world, and our products are used in laboratory and process applications
in end markets such as: life sciences, petro-chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instrumentation, nuclear, and solar cells.
The Senior Electrical Engineer position is a member of the New Product Development (NPD) Engineering team, and is responsible for the design and development of electronic hardware related to Brooks’ flow and pressure measurement and control
product families. This position requires an individual who is self-directed, highly motivated, and organized with strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills. He or she must possess the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a cross-functional
team environment, and should demonstrate results-oriented leadership in driving projects to completion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform embedded systems hardware development for flow and pressure control devices.
- Perform analog circuit design including power supply design (switching and linear), voltage and current I/O circuitry, as well as circuits with discrete semiconductors.
- Design digital circuits using microprocessors and associated peripheral devices in embedded systems.
- Design modular architectures that can support multiple product configurations. Reuse existing designs as appropriate. Modify existing designs to improve performance, reliability, cost, and ability to manufacture.
- Follow Brooks’ product development process, providing deliverables and supporting others within the project scope.
- Develop and/or interpret product requirements specifications, and complex drawings or schematics.
- Use CAD tools for schematic capture and perform simulations (e.g. SPICE) to achieve circuit design goals.
- Support printed circuit board (PCB) layouts, working within 2D and 3D spatial constraints.
- Design or co-design electro-mechanical assemblies (e.g. cable assemblies).
- Perform analysis of electronic components, including derating, lifecycle and environmental compliance.
- Mentor and assist other engineers through peer design reviews and sharing of expertise.
- Coordinate and/or perform design verification and validation testing of new designs with the reliability engineering group.
- Participate in the research and analysis of data such as design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application while adhering to project timing.
- Identifies, with support from marketing and engineering management, promising areas of research or technology that address current needs and have larger potential markets.
- Utilizes originality, ingenuity, and creativity to manage complex and large scope project assignments.
- Collaborate with other functional areas (e.g. Firmware & Mechanical Eng., Technology Research, Marketing, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Test Agencies, Contract Manufacturers) both inside and outside Brooks.
- Create design documentation packages for production release and initiate change/release notifications.
- Perform design work and testing for agency approvals (e.g. CE Mark, UL).
- Diagnose/troubleshoot problems and provide solutions within project constraints.
- Support initiatives for continuous improvement.
- Follow all safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge , Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of embedded electronics, including analog, digital and power circuit design, required.
- Working knowledge of circuit design and development tools (e.g. Altium Designer, OrCAD, SPICE) required.
- Proficiency with use of electronic lab equipment (e.g. power supplies, multi-meters, oscilloscopes, function generators, network analyzers) required.
- Familiarity with industry standard communication protocols (e.g. EtherCAT, DeviceNet, RS485, Profibus, Modbus, Foundation Fieldbus, Ethernet/IP, HART) strongly preferred.
- Ability to take on multiple concurrent assignments under minimal supervision.
- Excellent communicator who exhibits strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- An assertive, consummate team player who can effectively negotiate with others to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project) required.
- Previous leadership experience required.
- Programming experience desired, but not required.
Education and Experience
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering is required. MS in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 10+ years of experience with analog/digital circuit design and development is required.
- Experience with mass flow control systems and/or other control systems highly desired.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition assistance
The opportunity to join a well-established (70+ years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the
highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all
over the world.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.