Brooks Instrument, a global manufacturer of flow and pressure measurement and control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for a Test Engineering Team Lead. This
highly visible position will be based out of our headquarters location at Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). Brooks maintains manufacturing, sales, and service center facilities around the world, and our products are used in laboratory and process applications
in end markets such as: life sciences, petro-chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instrumentation, nuclear, and solar cells.
The Test Engineering - Team Lead is responsible for designing, automating, and executing performance tests for our flow and pressure measurement and control product families. In addition to strong technical contributions, this position is also responsible for
serving as the leader of the test engineering team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Support sustaining and new product development engineering efforts with product reliability and performance validation testing.
- Research, identify and create appropriate test systems and methods to verify designs to required specifications.
- Develop small and medium scale applications in LabVIEW for automated data collection.
- Analyze test data and make recommendations based on the findings.
- Document test methodologies, equipment, and results in formalized reports to inform development teams of findings and progress.
- Perform qualification testing on new or modified production processes, systems, and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve test method or system issues through technical expertise and data analysis.
- Provide schedule commitments and communicate regularly with program management the status of all team projects under development.
- Lead, mentor and assist test engineers in the group to promote teamwork, efficiency and continued learning.
- Oversee, maintain and improve engineering department test labs and equipment.
- Ensure consistent team performance to objectives through annual goal setting, performance reviews and compensation planning.
- Maintain and enhance department safety policies and procedures.
Education and Experience
- Proficiency in LabVIEW required. CLAD and CLD certifications preferred.
- Hands-on experience with data acquisition systems (DAQ), sensor interfacing (analog and digital), pneumatics, and electro-mechanical systems required. Experience with National Instruments hardware preferred.
- Basic knowledge of fluid dynamics, heat and mass transfer, and electronic circuitry required.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a cross-functional team environment required.
- High degree of initiative, creativity, and problem-solving capability required.
- Technical report writing skills required.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures required.
- Basic CAD modeling experience (SolidWorks) preferred.
- BS in Engineering required. MS in Engineering a plus.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience required.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s
the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work,
all over the world.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/