Brooks Instrument, a global manufacturer of flow and pressure measurement and control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for an Technical Service Field Engineer .
This highly visible position will be based out of our headquarters location at Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). Brooks maintains manufacturing, sales, and service center facilities around the world, and our products are used in laboratory and process
applications in end markets such as: life sciences, petro-chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instrumentation, nuclear, and solar cells.
Provide technical assistance to customers, sales representatives, and application engineers both in the factory and at field locations. Assist the failure analysis and service groups on customer returns. Perform calibration, training and troubleshooting on
Brooks Mass Flow controllers and other Brooks products in the field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform field calibration, training and troubleshooting on Brooks MFCs and products in the field and in-house.
- Provide system installation or installation assistance.
- Provide training on Brooks Products including software applications, general operational theory and basic maintenance.
- Provide technical assistance for installed base of equipment via phone, onsite and remote access.
- Provide technical assistance to all Brooks Instrument Service Centers and office’s that represent and service Brooks Instruments products.
- Perform warranty, paid service and service contract activities.
- Assist in completing technical manuals and developing training content.
- Provide manufacturing/service equipment support for Brooks service centers.
- Maintain technical product knowledge for state of the art electronic products offered by Brook’s Instrument.
- Maintain technical training material and aids for customers and sales representatives training programs.
- Support Brooks’ training programs.
- Perform tasks related to root cause failure analysis and testing of electronic, mechanical, and\or electro-mechanical devices, using judgment in making adaptations or modifications.
- Assist in preparation of failure reports in reply to customer complaints.
- Support the development of software service tools used on Brooks’ products.
Education and Experience
- A degree in engineering technology field with a minimum 5 years’ experience in technical sales or field service. 4 year degree preferred.
- Fluent in Windows based computer system (hardware and applications).
- Ability to thoroughly learn new software programs/packages.
- Proven ability to clearly teach others who may have a variety of technical ability.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good project and customer management skills.
- Must be able to communicate positively with customers, even under difficult circumstances.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally. Up to 40%.
- Good hand dexterity and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to manage a dynamic service schedule in a manner that results in timely service for customers.
- Hands-on experience in field service engineering role and support in the Industrial or Semiconductor industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of industrial or semiconductor process equipment and processes.
- Previous experience with Brooks Mass Flow Controllers and Products or direct competitor’s products is desirable.
If you have experience in meeting tight deadlines, are both an independent worker and thinker, and are dedicated to continuous improvement of yourself and your organization, then this opportunity is for you. This position offers a unique chance to join a successful
company that is a leader in the flow measurement industry. Thank you for your interest in exploring a career at Brooks Instrument!
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition assistance
The opportunity to join a well-established (70+ years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the
highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all
over the world.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.