Brooks Instrument is an industry leader in flow measurement and flow control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 150 Company) is seeking candidates for a Mechanical Engineer / Product
Engineer. This highly visible position will be based out of our headquarters facility in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). In addition to our Pennsylvania operations, Brooks maintains manufacturing locations in, Hungary, and Korea. The
Company also maintains sales offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
This opening is for a Mechanical Engineer to work as a key member of the Product Engineering Team. The engineer will be tasked to improve the quality, manufacturability, cost, and performance of mechanical flow measurement and control technologies (sensors,
valves, meter bodies, flow elements, enclosures, etc.) used in Brooks legacy flow and pressure products. This individual must be self-directed, highly motivated, and organized with strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills. They must also possess
the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a cross functional team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Improve mechanical product designs and processes for MFCs and variable area meters in line with customer and marketing requirements.
- Direct the design and modifications to molded, welded, etched, stamped, machined, and extruded components.
- Design and documentat special variants of legacy product platforms.
- Develop and/or interpret complex CAD models and drawings in SolidWorks and Siemens NX.
- Use Mapics and Team Center to maintain and archive product documentation.
- Initiate and assist in implementation of Engineering Change Notices.
- Give direction to and/or perform the validation testing of mechanical design changes by coordinating with the reliability group.
- Provide input to the improvement to the product build and test processes.
- Follow Brooks’ current and future best practices for mechanical designs.
- Participate in mechanical design process improvement initiatives.
- Support company continuous improvement initiatives, particularly as related to product quality.
- In line with Brooks’ zero accident safety policy, maintain and enhance department safety policies and procedures.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a high degree of initiative, creativity, and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to lead and make technical contributions to a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, desire to learn, and an effective team player in a global environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical report writing skills.
- Ability to generate engineering standards.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of ANSI Y14 drawing standards and GD&T.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
Education and Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering required.
- 3+ years’ experience in mechanical design is required.
- 3D CAD Modeling, Drawing generation and CAD database experience is required.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of ANSI Y14 drawing standards and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing is required.
- Experience with mechanical design of flow component/instrumentation/electromechanical devices is a plus.
- Experience with agency approvals such as UL, ATEX, PED, and RoHS a plus.
- Experience with engineering standards such as ASME BPVC and SEMI a plus.
- Experience in design for manufacturability and cost is desired.
- Experience in manufacturing and assembly is desired.
- Experience in experimental design, testing, and analysis is required.
- MathCAD, Simulink, LabView, Python, FEA Analysis experience is a plus.
- Related experience or training in process control instrumentation, metrology, data collection & analysis, and/or calibration is desired.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well-established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s
the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work,
all over the world.