is an industry leader in flow measurement and flow control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for a Test Engineer
This highly visible position will be based out of our headquarters facility in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). In addition to our Pennsylvania operations, Brooks maintains manufacturing locations in, Hungary, and Korea. The Company also maintains sales
offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
To plan, develop, execute, and analyze tests methods and data for the testing of advanced electro-mechanical fluid and pressure systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
*Marginal position functions that are not included among the essential duties and responsibilities in this position description are also requirements of this position.
- Develop small and medium scale applications in LabVIEW for automated data collection.
- Thoroughly document testing methodology, equipment, and results in a formalized report in a fast-paced environment to inform development teams of progress and keep record.
- Review and verify current product specifications, engineering specifications and drawings.
- Prepare validation or performance qualification protocols for new or modified manufacturing products, processes, systems, and equipment.
- Develop new acceleration techniques and analytical tools to assure early identification of potential problems.
- Generate test plans and develop reliability engineering programs. Ownership of these programs through completion.
- Analyze projected product utilization and calculate cumulative effect on final system reliability of individual part reliabilities.
- Resolve testing problems by modifying testing methods or revising test objectives and standards.
- Advise design engineering groups to give reliability findings and recommendations.
- Support sustaining engineering efforts with validation testing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of fluid dynamics, heat and mass transfer, and electronic circuitry.
- Proficiency in LabVIEW (CLAD and CLD certifications preferred)
- Ability to plan, develop, set up and conduct automated experiments using electro-mechanical hardware and instrumentation.
- Hands-on experience with data acquisition systems (DAQ), sensor interfacing (analog and digital), pneumatic, and electro-mechanical systems. Preferred experience with National Instruments hardware.
- CAD modeling experience (SolidWorks preferred)
- Technical report writing skills required
- Highly motivated self-starter with a high degree of initiative, creativity, and problem-solving ability
- Ability to get along with others in a team environment.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures.
Education and Experience
- BS degree in Engineering required. MSME or MSEE degree preferred.
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience required.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well-established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s
the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work,
all over the world.
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.