Brooks Instrument is an industry leader in flow measurement and flow control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 150 Company) is seeking candidates for an Engineering Lab
Test Technician. This position will be based out of our headquarters facility in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). In addition to our Pennsylvania operations, Brooks maintains manufacturing locations in, Hungary, and Korea. The Company
also maintains sales offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
The Systems Automation Group (SAG) is looking for an experienced technician to maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and monitor the on-site chemical and gas delivery system, test setup, engineering safety controls, and abatement equipment for Brooks Instrument’s
Specialty Gas Laboratory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Technician will be responsible for the safe operation of assigned chemical and/or gas distribution systems, with duties including:
- Handle and change-out of compressed gas cylinders, scrubber canisters, and gas monitoring system supplies.
- Assemble, maintenance, troubleshoot and repair of gas delivery systems, vacuum components, and test setups.
- Manage inventories/logistics of chemicals and ensure compliance with local ordinances and company policies.
- Prepare and execute detailed test plans.
- Oversee and troubleshoot the Specialty Gas Lab Alarm System, including during off-business hours.
- Support SAG with the design, assembly, and troubleshooting of electro-mechanical systems used in production.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with electronic and specialty gases, its associated hazards, required personal protective equipment (PPE), and material compatibility; sizing, selection, and use of ultra-high purity fittings.
- Demonstrate ability to plan, develop, set up and conduct automated experiments using electro-mechanical hardware and instrumentation.
- Hands-on experience with data acquisition systems (DAQ), sensor interfacing (analog and digital), pneumatic and electro-mechanical systems, and process instrumentation.
- Excellent technical report writing skills required.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a high degree of initiative, creativity, and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to get along with others in a team environment.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures.
Education and Experience
- AAS, AS, or equivalent
- Experience with operation of gas cabinets, and purge manifolds.
- Experience handling toxic, corrosive, and flammable gases in a safely manner. HAZMAT or HAZWOPER certifications a plus.
- Often required to use a self-contained breathing apparatus, SCBA (must have medical clearance and wear facial hair in accordance with OSHA’s Respiratory Protection regulation).
- Kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, lifting (no more than approximately 30 lbs.), fingering, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions of the position.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well-established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s
the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work,
all over the world.