Brooks Instrument, a global manufacturer of flow and pressure measurement and control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 150 Company) is seeking candidates for a Manufacturing Engineer. This position
will be based out of our headquarters location at Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). Brooks maintains manufacturing, sales, and service center facilities around the world, and our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets
such as: life sciences, petro-chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instrumentation, nuclear, and solar cells.
This position is responsible for providing direction and supervision of the manufacturing engineering activities including employee development, daily operations support and project prioritization.Support manufacturing issues for assigned Business Units
to optimize efficiency and performance. Perform these tasks in line with the requirements of the ISO9001 quality system, and consider and improve the available procedures and instructions. Understand, use and promotion of the ITW toolbox training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Interface with Design Engineering on new product design and introduction, as well as product changes for DFM/DFA, to ensure cost effectiveness and productivity are considered at every step in the process.
- Lead the identification, analysis and implementation of cost improvements and scrap and rework reduction throughout manufacturing.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Estimate production times, capacity analysis, staffing requirements, and related costs for new designs or existing product to provide information for management decisions.
- Lead Gate 5 pre-pilot and pilot activities including pilot release reports and recommendations.
- Prepare/update documentation (OMS) and provide operator training for new manufacturing processes or procedure changes.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing, including SAG Helpdesk tickets.
- Provide basic maintenance support to production equipment.
- Participate in PMFEA support/evaluation.
- Lead and schedule appropriate personnel in manufacturing engineering for validations of new products, new systems new software and database releases. Ensure processes are followed to release through ECN.
- Lead the efforts to implement ITW toolbox practices and lean manufacturing techniques within Brooks.
- Prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance (eg: yield/scrap).
- Prepare and implement Appropriation Requests as necessary.
- Support software/database validations on production equipment prior to release.
- Assist Sustaining Engineering in the development of fixture design or improve existing fixtures for poke-yoke or error-proofing and quality assurance (eg: no particle generation).
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; confirming manufacturing processes.
- BS degree in engineering discipline.
- 5+ years manufacturing Engineering experience. Experience in electro-mechanical, semi-conductor or flow controls industry preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of ISO, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and/or Kaizen.
- 3D CAD training and experience. Solidworks and Unigraphics/Teamcenter preferred.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s
the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work,
all over the world.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.