is an industry leader in flow measurement and flow control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for a Production Manager
This highly visible position will be based out of our headquarters facility in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). In addition to our Pennsylvania operations, Brooks maintains manufacturing locations in, Hungary, and Korea. The Company also maintains sales
offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
The Production Manager will lead, direct and implement the strategic plan and objectives for operations of a particular product family. This position will use the Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) to make improvements in on-time delivery to customer request,
cost of sales and gross margins. This position will provide coaching and development of subordinate personnel to assure the short and long-term health of the product line operations team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Ensure that the systems and processes are in place for the product line operations to permit business growth and the attainment of division financial goals.
- Ensure that properly qualified staff are in place within the team for efficient and high performance operation to customer requirements.
- Provide for a healthy and safe work environment for all operations personnel.
- Ensure that the appropriate staff have access to and are trained in the use of the current business system and related tools for efficient customer order fulfillment.
- Ensure that a lean manufacturing system is developed and implemented within the product line unit.
- Provide direction and training to the staff to continuously improve the systems and processes used to fulfill customer orders. Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to improve customer satisfaction.
- Measure and improve Key Performance Metrics such as total order lead-time, asset management, on time delivery to request and customer satisfaction (and others as business conditions require).
- Ensure conformance to the requirements of the Brooks Quality system.
- Develop and maintain production schedules based on requested customer delivery and existing production capacity.
- Assist customers and Sales Representatives with complaints or problem resolution, using the formal customer complaint process when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BS Degree in Technology or Business Administration required. Advanced studies or degree in Business Management (MBA) or Operations desired.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience implementing Continuous Improvement manufacturing technologies.
- A minimum of three (3) years of related operations experience required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of leadership or supervisory experience required.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a high degree of initiative, creativity, and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to lead and make contributions to a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, desire to learn, and an effective team player in a global environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical report writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well-established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the
highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all
over the world.
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.