Brooks Instrument is an industry leader in flow measurement and flow control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 150 Company) is seeking candidates for a Product Marketing Manager.
This highly visible position will be based out of our headquarters facility in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). In addition to our Pennsylvania operations, Brooks maintains manufacturing locations in, Hungary, and Korea. The Company also maintains sales
offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
The Product Marketing Manager is a member of the Industrial BU Product Management team and is considered the subject matter expert on design and manufacturing of Brooks Instrument Industrial Mass Flow (IMF) products as well as markets, applications, and customers.
This role’s primary function is to drive sales results with an emphasis on increasing customer satisfaction – this will be achieved by providing regular support to Brooks Customers and the Sales Team, working jointly with Sales, Marketing, Customer Service,
Engineering, and Operations. In addition, the Product Specialist has first level of responsibility for achieving product margins consistent with company goals.
This role requires knowledge of Brooks systems and processes, along with exceptional organizational ability, multi-tasking, having a high sense of urgency, and maintaining a positive can-do attitude. Key success factors will be utilizing organizational and
program management skills and demonstrating the ability to work with members of cross-functional teams on a routine basis. The Product Specialist reports to the Director of Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide tools and information to support timely and accurate responses to customer and sales inquiries. Be a first level escalation for the Sales Team.
- Provide tools and information to support detailed, accurate answers to customer driven questions including products and applications. Be directly involved in significant opportunities for ‘80’ accounts and significant opportunities.
- Ensure current product line information (for example delivery or lead-times changes) is efficiently disseminated.
- Manage product line profitability. Access product costing information to support price, discount, and margin analysis. Work with sourcing, engineering and operations to drive cost reduction initiatives.
- Evaluate and translate customers’ needs and requests into specifications for viable continuous improvement and customer-backed innovation (CBI) opportunities.
- Coordinate materials for manufacturing of customer prototypes. Support Sales in customer qualification of new products.
- Define and drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance current products.
- Work with sales to manage customer projects including plans, schedules, meetings, actions and status dashboards. Ensure successful completion of Customer Special Requests and related Engineering Change Orders.
- Maintain visibility into key customer orders for new products, sales opportunities, new projects and new applications. Provide order forecasts to Operations.
- Manage overall product portfolio life cycle including CBI mentioned above, Product Line Simplification (PLS) and End of Life (EOL) activities.
- Update and maintain marketing documentation and data sheets. Provide sales support and training materials to enhance effectiveness of all selling activities. Maintain product and training presentations.
- Work with Marcom to drive and provide content for promotions in support of product strategies.
- Bachelor's degree in either Engineering/Physical Sciences, Operations or Business preferred. Will consider a two-year technical degree with 5+ years of experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Previous experience with Sales, Marketing and Customer facing organizations desired
- Previous experience with manufacturing, business, ERP and documentation systems desired
- Previous experience in project/program management with cross functional projects required
- PMP or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) a plus
- Previous Industrial or Semiconductor Technology Business Process background a plus
- Must have a can-do attitude, work at a fast pace, multitask, be flexible, and deal effectively with changing priorities
- Must be objective, collaborative in approach, assertive, and have ability to influence outcomes
- Excellent organizational skills are required
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent financial aptitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills required
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the
highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 150 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all
over the world.