Brooks Instrument is an industry leader in flow measurement and flow control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for a
Product Manager. This highly visible position will be based out of our headquarters facility in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). In addition to our Pennsylvania operations, Brooks maintains manufacturing locations
in, Hungary, and Korea. The Company also maintains sales offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar
The Product Manager's role will be to enhance Brooks' market participation, sales and profitability for the assigned products by managing the basic marketing mix. He or she will also work with the Industrial sales channels to identify target customers, applications,
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Education & Experience
- Monitor and assess customer's expectations for products and services.
- Identify and understand emerging applications for Brooks' products.
- Identify and understand emerging markets for Brooks' products.
- Translate customer's needs into specifications for Brooks products and services.
- Manage projects; work closely with engineering, operations and quality to bring to market products and services that meet customer's requirements.
- Monitor the competitive environment to identify threats and opportunities.
- Implement pricing strategies to maximize Brooks' opportunities for penetration and profit.
- Optimize product cost position using various Toolbox activities for offering rationalization and basic product design/process cost reduction.
- Work with Corporate Marketing Communications to implement promotions in support of the product strategies and develop appropriate sales collateral.
- Develop sales support and training materials to enhance effectiveness of all selling activities.
- Work with sales and with customers directly to understand needs, support major account activity, maintain product awareness and provide training.
- Travel to support above duties and to support trade shows (Less than 20%).
- Learn and apply continuous improvement philosophies including but not limited to the ITW Toolbox and drive and contribute to activities that support related projects.
- Learn ITW 80/20© principles, tools and techniques and actively apply them on a daily basis.
- Ability to get along in a team environment and follow all safety procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Other duties as assigned, including working in other departments when needed.
- BS in business or engineering required. MBA preferred
- 5-7 years of related experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of industrial systems and processes, ability to understand and communicate technical information and an understanding of marketing responsibilities including product portfolio, price, promotion and distribution is preferred.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well-established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the
highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all
over the world.
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.