Brooks Instrument is an industry leader in flow measurement and flow control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for an Applications Engineer as
part of the Semiconductor Business Unit. This highly visible position will be based out of our Fremont, CA office. In addition to our Fremont, CA office, our facility is headquartered in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). Brooks
also maintains manufacturing locations in, Hungary, France and Japan. The Company has sales offices throughout the world and its products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical
instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
Please visit our website at www.brooksinstrument.com
A Key role in Brooks Semi Business Unit, Field Applications Engineers (FAE’s) are considered technical experts on Brooks products and have a strong understanding of the semiconductor applications in which they are used. Field Application Engineer will support
sales team, an work closely with marketing, and engineering to help achieve business goals, manage product qualifications efforts and successfully deliver solutions to Brooks customers. A key technical resource, he/she will communicate current and future semi
customer and applications requirements and be a contributor in New Product and Technology development roadmaps.
This position requires an experienced application engineer with a track record of working with demanding Semiconductor companies to deliver deep customer satisfaction. It requires a self-starter individual who, at the same time, can work closely with Key Accounts
Sales organization to achieve business development goals, provide hands-on support to Key Customers and communicate and leverage the Semi BU resources. The consummate team player who will effectively negotiate with others to achieve win-win outcomes, maintain
an open flow of communication, state expectations clearly and achieve desired results. The right candidate needs to be able to instill a sense of urgency and help fuel the company's competitive edge going forward and to serve as a technical catalyst for innovative
This position is based in Brooks Fremont CA office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
*Marginal position functions that are not included among the essential duties and responsibilities in this position description are also requirements of this position.
Education and Experience
- Work directly with Brooks largest OEM customers to provide required support for existing applications and business.
- Work with Sales, Product Management, Quality, Engineering and Operations to resolve field issues and escalations at assigned customers in a timely manner with corrective actions fully completed and approved by customers
- Assist customers with application requirements, translate customers’ needs and requirements into specifications for Brooks’ products and services. Identify opportunities for new products or services
- Manage customer new product qualifications. Be a key player and point of contact for all activities related to evaluation of Beta products at assigned customer accounts. Track evaluations from initial installation through each step of testing through to
final decision - document and share why we won or lost the opportunity
- Provide regular intelligence and report on key account evaluations and progress. Regularly report on field issues and trends.
- Maintain product awareness and provide required training to sales and customers
- Assist customers and Sales with specific requirements not covered by the Brooks standard product offering. Provide clear requirements and direction to the Product Management and engineering teams responsible for Customer Back Innovation projects
- Keep current with technological and competitive developments. Identify and understand existing and emerging semiconductor applications for Brooks' products. Identify promising areas of research or technology that address current needs and have larger potential
markets. Communicate changes in customer requirements. Provide regular, detailed intelligence to Technology Development Group to support Technology and New Product Development programs.
- Support technical promotion of Brooks Semiconductor products. Provide content for sales support and training materials that illustrate Brooks competitive product differentiators and enhance effectiveness of all selling activities. Provide training to customers
and sales organization
- Contribute to white paper development to show value in Brooks product solutions for new applications
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hands-on experience in field applications engineering role and support in the semiconductor industry.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of semiconductor process equipment and processes.
- Ideally previous experience with Brooks Semiconductor or direct competitor’s products
- Proven expertise in establishing and nurturing customer relationships. Extensive existing customer relations a plus
- Must have proven success and demonstrated ability to solve customer problems and deliver customer satisfaction
- Effective communication/customer interaction/presentation skills.
- Ability to be flexible and deal effectively with change to balance competing business needs.
- A degree in a technical field is required with a minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, written, and presentation skills required.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s
the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work,
all over the world.
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.