Brooks Instrument (www.brooksinstrument.com
), an industry leader in flow and pressure instrumentation for critical applications, is seeking candidates for the
EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) Industrial Sales Director
position. The company has manufacturing locations in the U.S., Hungary, and Korea; and also maintains sales & service offices throughout the world. Our high-tech products are used
in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, petrochemical, semiconductor, LED, alternative energy, and analytical instruments. This role may be based in either the Netherlands or Germany, and it would be preferred for the
successful candidate to live in, or willing to relocate somewhere in close proximity to the Brooks facilities in Veenendaal, Netherlands, or Dresden, Germany.
Brooks is a division of ITW (Illinois Tool Works), a fortune 200 company. ITW is one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. The company has operations in 56 countries
and employs over 50,000 employees. These talented employees, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to ITW’s global leadership in innovation. The company is proud of its broad portfolio of nearly 10,000 active patents,
and is focused on fully leveraging its highly differentiated business model to deliver solid growth with consistent best-in-class margins and return on capital.
Reporting to the VP, Industrial Sales, the EMEA Industrial Sales Director is responsible for sales into the EMEA industrial market. The industrial market for Brooks includes a wide variety of applications found in the: petrochemical, biotech/pharmaceutical,
analytical and alternative energy (solar cells, fuel cells, natural gas, nuclear) sectors. The sales channel consists of a mix of a direct sales force along with a network of manufacturer’s representatives and distributors. This sales channel markets Brooks’
products both to end users and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). The goal is to continue growing Industrial sales in the coming years by optimizing the sales channel, developing business at new customers and applications, and exploring alternative
sales channel opportunities. The EMEA Industrial Sales Director position represents an opportunity for the right person to position themselves for higher levels in the organization through leveraging his/her leadership skills, functional expertise, and business
acumen to contribute to a profitable, execution and market-focused organization.
The successful candidate will ensure the business meets or exceeds annual revenue and profitability goals, as well as provide leadership aimed at preparing the business to achieve longer term growth objectives. There will be a focus on creating a cohesive
and capable team that will contribute to the development and execution of plans to meet company objectives. He / She must work collaboratively with the Brooks functional leaders and their respective teams to strengthen distribution channels, create effective
marketing strategies, develop products and services, and align resources in order to provide industry-leading solutions to serve our worldwide customers. They must also utilize the ITW management and continuous improvement toolbox and principles to introduce
organizational initiatives aimed at promoting process simplification and targeted business focus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Commercial Growth - Oversee Sales, Account Management, and Back office functions for the Industrial sector. Grow annual Industrial revenues and deliver quarterly revenue targets that are consistent with growth, gross margin, and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Customer Intimacy - Build strong executive level relationships with key OEM and end user customers to understand their long-term business and market requirements. Identify, prepare, and position appropriate Company technical, marketing, and quality expertise
with customers in order to establish these relationships deep in the customer organization.
- Strategic Positioning - Maintain constant knowledge of market and industry trends, competitors, and customer strategies. Leverage this understanding to build customer confidence in Brooks Instrument's ability to be the partner-of-choice.
- Team Building - Identify and recruit talent, implement initiatives to develop and mentor key leaders in the organization to support growth initiatives. Maintain a cohesive, cooperative and competitive work environment through team building, training, and
- Internal Collaboration - Collaborate with Business Unit Management to establish programs and capabilities that drive higher revenues, margins, and brand awareness.
- Planning - Work with the VP of Sales to develop and deliver on Company strategic and tactical goals for revenue growth. Deliver an annual Sales plan that defines monthly and annual sales objectives for all sales personnel.
- Reporting - Provide regular updates, revisions, and modifications to the Sales plan. Track weekly/monthly sales volume to goal and work with executive team to develop strategies to meet or beat period sales hurdles, and adjust sales forecast on as-needed
Education and Experience
- Support front end business development activities including planning, customer visits, presentations and proposal development.
- Collaborate extensively with external customers and distributors, and internally across Brooks Instrument to grow the business.
- Develop customer intimacy, understanding their needs, and communicate at the appropriate level of the varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Oversee competitor programs to ensure Brooks is positioned to compete and win in the market.
- Keep management abreast of market and business trends impacting the business.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Professional Experience - Minimum 10 years of business experience of which 5 years have been in progressively responsible leadership roles. Experienced in Global 200 companies as well as smaller organizations is desirable.
- Functional Experience - Sales leader with a track record of increasing revenue and successfully managing international direct and indirect sales channels. Knowledge and experience in implementing sales, account management, and new business
development strategies; managing product rationalization projects; system process improvement; metrics creation; and sales incentive compensation programs is required.
- Industry Experience - skilled at selling into a variety of end-use applications, preferably including petrochemical, biotech/pharmaceutical, fiber optics, and/or alternative energy. Ideal candidate will have experience working for a manufacturer's
representative / distributor of Brooks Instrument or other industrial business-to-business products.
- Education - A bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline is required. An MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
- In the context of gaining market share in an established market, the ideal candidate can deliver sales results by developing superior go-to-market strategies, building C-level relationships, delivering faultless execution, and building a high performing
- A relationship builder who inspires success and belief in customers, sales team members, employees, and partners. Demonstrates confidence in Brooks Instrument's products, markets, and value proposition. Identifies new business opportunities, translates
them into new sales and grows overall market share.
- Crafts account penetration strategies and identifies key decision makers, gatekeepers, and influencers. Effectively communicates the Company's vision and strategy with key contacts and sets forth a plan for partnering, growing and expanding Brooks Instrument's
- Delivers on promises to customers. Seamlessly manages through strategic initiatives that require OEM approval, e.g., product life cycle (introduction, phase-out, changes).
- Develops effective sales and marketing strategies specific to markets/regions.
- Executes relentlessly and constantly monitoring the pipeline for new opportunities.
- Constructive manager that leads by example and makes those around him/her better. Attributes include being inclusive, hands-on, strategic, articulate, energetic, accountable, decisive, and hard working. A positive motivator who encourages and persuades,
and a strong team builder who knows how to attract, train, manage and retain a world class team.
This position offers a great opportunity to join a well-established (70+ years in business), yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete
in a global marketplace. Interested candidates should apply for this role through the
section of the Brooks Instrument website.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.